This is the page where I will keep track of my progress in the Reading All Around the World Project, for which I’m trying to read books from at least 50 different countries of the world. There are links to reviews on my blog where applicable.
Here’s a map with the countries I’ve “visited” so far indicated (created in Google Maps).
A star* after the country name indicates the author is a native of that country.
- War Diaries by Astrid Lindgren (Sweden*) – January 2017
- I Was a Stranger by John Hackett (Netherlands) – January 2017
- Bronze and Sunflower by Cao Wenxuan (China*) – March 2017
- The Praise Singer by Mary Renault (Greece) – June 2017
- The Gilded Chalet by Padraig Rooney (Switzerland) – July 2017
- The Last Gods of Indochine by Samuel Ferrer (Cambodia) – July 2017
- Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (Nigeria*) – July 2017
- An Unnecessary Woman by Rabih Alameddine (Lebanon*) – August 2017
- Esperanza Rising by Pam Munoz Ryan (Mexico) – September 2017
- One Half from the East by Nadia Hashimi (Afghanistan) – September 2017
- Season of Migration to the North by Tayeb Sahil (Sudan*) – November 2017
- Journey to the River Sea by Eva Ibbotson (Brazil) – January 2018
- Octavio’s Journey and Black Sugar by Miguel Bonnefoy (Venezuela*) – February 2018
- The Butterfly Mosque by G. Willow Wilson (Egypt) – August 2018