This month, I planned a Robertson Davies Reading Weekend to take place around the author’s birthdate of August 28. It was a lovely long weekend of reading and discussing his wonderful books with fellow aficionados, and I hope it introduced him to some new readers. You can find all the details in the wrap-up post.
Otherwise, I feel as though this month has been somehow extra long and took me on some amazing journeys near and far (in the pages of a book, that is). It was a good time to look back over my Around the World reading project and remember all of the fascinating places that I’ve visited.
Where has your reading taken you this month?
Other Books Read
- The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway – Back to the Classics, Review to come
- Inferno by Catherine Cho – Review to come
- Anxious People by Fredrik Backman – Around the World
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman – for an upcoming Witch Week discussion post
- Magic Flutes and A Song for Summer by Eva Ibbotson
- Swedenborg by Gary Lachman
Other Features and Events
- I gave an update on my Around the World reading project, with stops in Ireland, Israel, Sweden, Switzerland, West Africa, Bhutan, Iceland, Korea, Japan, Ghana, and Chile.
On my other blog
- In Doublespeak I shared some of my adventures in learning two languages.
- And in Settling into Switzerland, thoughts about other things that require some adjustment.