The weird year that is 2020 continues into its second half. I made some announcements about future plans and my other blog (see below), and launched on my month-long Summer in Other Languages challenge of reading only in French. I only finished three books, but I count that as a win! Thanks to Emma of Words and Peace for organizing an online French book club, which was a really fun way to augment my reading and get some extra writing and discussion practice.
- Three from Slightly Foxed reviewed some adventurous books that were a hit with my teenage boy.
- A look at Brideshead Revisited for Back to the Classics (category: classic about a family).
Other Books Read
- For the Benefit of Those Who See by Rosemary Mahoney
- Complètement Cramé by Gilles Legardinier – Summer in Other Languages
- Le Petit Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry – Reread, Summer in Other Languages, Back to the Classics
- Toucher la vie by Thich Nhat Hanh – Summer in Other Languages
Other Features and Events
On my other blog
- I launched Enchanted English, a way for me to offer language lessons and literary services.
- I posted a poem, “we cover up the roots”, and some thoughts about the book of Jonah (and another poem).