This month, I thought more about my reading goals and how I might plan to meet them. I’m really enjoying reading books representing various countries of the world and I’ve finished a few more this month.
I managed to finish one nonfiction book this month — the excellent The Body Keeps the Score. I’m interested in reading more about brain science and I wonder if I might make that a focus this year. Do you have any titles to recommend?
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings is a beautiful but devastating read that deserves its classic status.
- Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde was another long-unread classic that provoked some interesting questions about our hidden tendencies to evil.
Other Books Read
- Burial Rites by Hannah Kent – Around the World
- The Widows of Malabar Hill by Sujata Massey – Around the World
- The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk – Review to come
- Married to Bhutan by Linda Leaming – Around the World
Other Features and Events
- In trying to plan my own reading year, I asked, Do you have a reading plan?
On my other blog, enterenchanted.com
- I posted an essay on marriage in fairy tales, Beyond the happy ending.
- I shared a poem I wrote on the theme, simple titled Marriage.