Well, the end of this month was a whirlwind of excitement (in my terms, anyway) as I hosted Robertson Davies Reading Week, dedicated to spreading the word about one of my favorite authors. I found it great fun to share this event with some other enthusiastic readers, some longtime fans, some coming to his work for this first time. Just in case you’ve been hiding under a rock for the past week, you can see all the highlights at the wrap up post.
Otherwise, it’s been a hodgepodge of a month … I’ve been searching for something that will be gripping yet intelligent without taxing my overloaded brain too much. Any suggestions?
- Jean Vanier: Portrait of a Free Man told me more about a man I’d long wondered about.
- The Merry Heart and Happy Alchemy was my contribution to Robertson Davies Reading Week.
Other Books Read
- Becoming Human by Jean Vanier
- World of Wonders by Robertson Davies
- The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte
- Some Deaths Before Dying by Peter Dickinson
- Awakenings by Oliver Sacks – Review to come
Other Features and Events
- I asked, Should Books Be Illustrated?