This month I still had hardly any time to read, but I did finish one chunkster that I’ve been working on for a long time (Don Quixote), and made time for one short novel that I’ve been meaning to read forever (Hag-Seed). Alas, neither was quite as marvelous as I’d been expecting from their great press. But you can’t win them all.
Now, while waiting for my shipment of books and other belongings to arrive, I’m left with my e-reader. I should be content with the many books I already have loaded on it already, yet I can’t help looking for something new and exciting to download from the library. What would you suggest?
- The Heart’s Necessities by Jane Tyson Clement and Becca Stevens was a multilayered exploration of poetry, music, and life.
Other Books Read
- Hag-Seed by Margaret Atwood
- Don Quixote by Manuel de Cervantes – Review to come
- Indiscretions of Archie by P. G. Wodehouse
Other Features and Events
- I celebrated my five years as a member of the Classics Club.
- I went on a literary pilgrimage to Salem, Mass., home of Nathaniel Hawthorne and site of the House of the Seven Gables.
- I announced the upcoming Robertson Davies Reading Week, with a suggested reading list to choose from.
- On my other blog, Entering the Enchanted Castle, I unearthed some wise words from myself.