As I did last year, I’m trying not to acquire any new books during the first three months of 2019. With the exception of my first read of the year (a library book I already had in the house), I’ve managed to meet that goal and get through a few books that have been lingering on my shelves for a while.
As often happens, one book leads to another — I’d picked up a copy of Jane Gardam’s God on the Rocks at a used bookstore some time ago, and when I reread it I couldn’t resist going on to two more of her wonderful novels. And I could then write about one of them as part of my “First Reads” series. And now I’m going to have to resist going to the library for the ones I don’t own, and keep plugging away at my TBR shelf.
How was the first month of this year for you?
- Sword at Sunset by Rosemary Sutcliff was a magnificent rendering of the Arthurian mythos.
- As mentioned above, I went back in time to revisit my first book by Jane Gardam, Bilgewater.
Other Books Read
- Between You and Me by Susan Wiggs
- The Apocalypse of St. John by Rudolf Steiner
- God on the Rocks and The Queen of the Tambourine by Jane Gardam
Other Features and Events
- I asked, How do you organize your TBR?
- I pointed to a couple of posts on my other blog, How tidying up changed my life and A new life.
- I summed up my 2018 reading and selected my favorites to receive the Emerald City Gem.