This month I went away on vacation and took along a few newer books in contrast to the abundance of classics and backlist titles I’ve been reading. There was at least one I really loved…look for a review soon to find out which one!
- Uncle Silas was a classic (if somewhat flawed) Gothic novel that shone in a beautiful Folio Society edition.
Other Books Read
- The Angel Inn by the Comtesse de Segur
- Owning Your Own Shadow by Robert A. Johnson – Reread
- Lord of the Elements by Bastiaan Baan
- Invisible Partners by John A. Sanford
- The Strange Case of the Alchemist’s Daughter by Theodora Goss – Review to come
- Lover by Anna Raverat – Review to come
- Jane, Unlimited by Kristin Cashore – Review to come
Other Features and Events
- I reviewed my progress through the first half of Les Miserables. It’s all downhill from here…
- I asked, Are classics the best books to review?
- I shared my picks for my personal Top ten books read so far in 2018.