For the better part of these two months I took a break from blogging to deal with some personal issues, but things have settled down and I’m so glad to be back. Not to mention so grateful for all the support from this wonderful book blogging community. Thank you, again.
I’ll just list the books I read, as there was no other action going on here — other than my April discussion post, Do you read or write poetry?
You’ll notice a lot of comfort reads on the list: Diana Wynne Jones, Georgette Heyer, and Elizabeth Goudge are authors I can always turn to for some thoughtful escape reading. What are your go-to books or authors when life gets tough?
- Deep Secret and The Merlin Conspiracy by Diana Wynne Jones – reread
- The Shuttle by Frances Hodgson Burnett – review to come
- Animals in Translation by Temple Grandin
- A Stitch in Time by Penelope Lively
- Gentian Hill by Elizabeth Goudge
- Friday’s Child by Georgette Heyer – reread
- Sylvester by Georgette Heyer – reread