Following yesterday’s post and giveaway celebrating my fourth blogoversary, I have to go back in time to review last December. After a busy and very full November, I took it easier last month with fewer reviews and a break over Christmas. Life also stepped in with some crises that took a lot of time and energy, and so I didn’t do much for the first two weeks. But things are slowly settling down, and I’m excited about my reading plans for the New Year, as well as my ongoing tidying project. I plan to share more about that soon.
How did 2017 end for you?
- I briefly reviewed books I read this year for my Reading All Around the World project.
- John Steinbeck’s East of Eden lived up to its reputation as a favorite book of many readers, while his Journal of a Novel was a fascinating companion read.
Other Books Read
- The Novel of the Century by David Bellos
- Going into Town by Roz Chast
- The Populist Explosion by John B. Judis – Review to come
- Let Me Tell You by Shirley Jackson
- The Girl in the Tower by Katherine Arden – Review to come
- The Sixth Extinction by Elizabeth Kolbert – Review to come
- Don Quixote, Part I by Miguel de Cervantes – Review to come
Other Features and Events
- The first day of the month saw me rounding up posts from the final Nonfiction November topic, New to My TBR.
- I also posted Gems of 2017 (my favorite books read this year), and a Challenge Update.
- My discussion question was Can a book change your mind?