What is the spin?
It’s easy. At your blog, before next Friday, November 17th, create a post to list your choice of any twenty books that remain “to be read” on your Classics Club list.
This is your Spin List. You have to read one of these twenty books by the end of the year (details to follow). Try to challenge yourself. For example, you could list five Classics Club books you are dreading/hesitant to read, five you can’t WAIT to read, five you are neutral about, and five free choice (favorite author, re-reads, ancients — whatever you choose.)
On Friday, November 17th, we’ll post a number from 1 through 20. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List, by December 31, 2017. We’ll check in here in January to see who made it the whole way and finished their spin book!
All right, here’s my list…what will I get? And are you participating in the spin?
- The Ghost of Thomas Kempe – Penelope Lively
- Love – Elizabeth von Arnim
- A London Child of the 1870s – Molly Hughes
- Don Quixote – Miguel de Cervantes
- The Spire – William Golding
- The Brothers Karamazov – Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- The Three Musketeers – Alexandre Dumas
- The Good Soldier – Ford Madox Ford
- Invisible Man – Ralph Ellison
- One Fine Day – Mollie Panter-Downes
- Testament of Youth – Vera Brittain
- July’s People – Nadine Gordimer
- My Brilliant Career – Miles Franklin
- Things Fall Apart – Chinua Achebe
- My Life and Hard Times – James Thurber
- The Seventh Raven – Peter Dickinson
- Dubliners – James Joyce
- Throwing Shadows – E.L. Konigsburg
- Martin Chuzzlewit – Charles Dickens
- Wise Children – Angela Carter