There was not much happening on the blog this month as I was away on vacation for two weeks, but I did keep reading — quite a lot, actually! Here’s what I was up to this month.
- The Fledgling by Jane Langton was an unusual mix of magic and philosophy, from my Phoenix Award list.
Other Books Read
- The Devil in Music by Kate Ross
- The Last Days of Night by Graham Moore
- Miss Billy by Eleanor H. Porter
- The Gilded Chalet by Padraig Rooney – Mount TBR, Reading Around the World
- A Face Like Glass by Frances Hardinge
- The Spirit Within Us by Evelyn Capel – Mount TBR
- Golden Hill by Francis Spufford
- Thick as Thieves by Megan Whalen Turner
- The Time of My Life by Cecelia Ahearn
- The Assistants by Camille Perri
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley – Classics club
- The Last Gods of Indochine by Samuel Ferrer – Reading Around the World
- Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie – Reading Around the World
- The Return of the Native by Thomas Hardy – Mount TBR, Classics club
Other Features and Events
- I asked, Would you like to contribute a post for Witch Week?
- I reported on my Mount TBR challenge progress halfway through the year. I’ve been in a slump, but maybe I’m coming out of it.