Mount TBR Challenge host Bev of My Reader’s Block has posted some questions for our first quarterly checkpoint here. Here are my answers along with a list of what I’ve knocked off my pile so far.
Tell us how many miles you’ve made it up your mountain (# of books read).
I’m impressed that I’ve managed to keep up with my goal of 5 books a month, aiming at 60 total for the year. With 15 books read, I’m a quarter of the way up the mountain!
Post a picture of your favorite cover so far.
Who has been your favorite character so far?
Though I’ve enjoyed meeting many characters from different times and places, I think I felt closest to the thoughtful anarchist scientist Shevek in The Dispossessed.
Have any of the books you read surprised you?
Troy Chimneys surprised me by being more emotionally moving than I expected.
My Cousin Rachel surprised me with its cleverly ambiguous story of suspense.
What I’ve read so far:
- Bronze and Sunflower – Cao Wenxuan
- Carry On, Mister Bowditch – Jean Latham
- The Chemical Wedding by Christian Rosencreutz – John Crowley
- The Dispossessed – Ursula K. LeGuin
- A Fugue in Time – Rumer Godden
- Hell and High Water – Tanya Landman
- I Was a Stranger – John Haskett
- The King Must Die – Mary Renault
- Midnight Is a Place -Joan Aiken
- A Month in the Country – J. L. Carr
- The Morning Gift – Eva Ibbotson
- My Cousin Rachel – Daphne Du Maurier
- Sophie Someone – Hayley Long
- Troy Chimneys – Margaret Kennedy
- Wild Strawberries – Angela Thirkell
What I’m reading now:
I’m currently reading Towers in the Mist in preparation for Elizabeth Goudge Day. What else I will manage this month remains to be seen!