Jenny’s review of Claire Harman’s new biography Charlotte Bronte: A Fiery Heart hilariously gives us the five “Bronte-est” things that happened within its pages. For a more serious assessment of the same book, see this review from Gudrun’s Tights. And if you can’t get enough of this crazy family, there’s…
- Announcement! Girl with Her Head in a Book is hosting a week of Brooding about the Brontes in April, and it’s going to be tons of fun. I was honored to be asked to contribute a guest post, and there will be many other exciting components as well. Join us!
- Santiago Caruso takes us on a tour of the illustrations he created for the recent Folio Society edition of Jane Eyre.
- An interesting article from The Atlantic on how Jane Eyre helped to create the modern idea of the self.
- Wildmoo Books takes us to the National Steinbeck Center. I love seeing the camper trailer from Travels with Charley!
- From Literary Ramblings, some wonderful thoughts about the Sicily of Elena Ferrante’s Neapolitan novels.
- A Lit Major Abroad goes to Scotland, and Walter Scott’s mock-medieval-style home.
- Mirabile Dictu offers a list of books that involve camping, from The Lord of the Rings to The Buried Giant.
- If you have some extra time and cash on your hands, you can be an amateur archaeologist at the site of the creation of the Lindisfarne Gospels.
Behind the Books
- The science and satire of Gulliver’s Travels, from the Guardian.
- Publishers Weekly offers a look at the editorial process behind The Portable Veblen.
- A look at the visual history of War and Peace, from Folio Society illustrator Igor Karash.
Image of the Month
Shared in the Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer
4 thoughts on “Link Love: March 2016”
Yay for the Bronte love in this post. 🙂 I still haven’t read Fiery Heart, but have to get to it soon. Also love the dramatic picture you found of Top Withens! So stark and beautiful.
There’s a lot of great Bronte stuff on the British Library website.
I love love love the Brooding with the Brontes event name! Also, thanks so much for the linky love! 😀
Thanks for your review, it made me laugh so hard!