For Day Four of Book Blogger Appreciation Week, the topic is How do you stay connected to the community? Examples: social media, regular commenting, participation in blog events, etc. Tell us your faves!
All of the above, for me. I try to respond to comments on my blog and comment regularly on others. I use Facebook to share bookish news from all over as well as my own posts. This year I became a new Twitter user and I really enjoy it for brief moments of connection and recognition, like thanking another blogger for a giveaway book.
I especially love blog events and find them terrific fun. It’s great to join in with other bloggers and readers who are excited about a particular author or theme. Here are some of my favorites:
- Margery Sharp Day and Mary Stewart Reading Week, as I already mentioned yesterday.
- Willa Cather Reading Week, Remember Mary Hocking, and Woolfalong at Heavenali (queen of blog events!)
- Diana Wynne Jones March at We Be Reading (this year to be called March Magics).
- Austen in August at Roof Beam Reader.
- Nonfiction November, hosted by the stellar quartet of Doing Dewey, Regular Rumination, Sophisticated Dorkiness, and I’m Lost in Books.
I’d love to hear about more events, and about your favorite ways to connect.