It’s been two years now since I published my first real review (of The Miss Buncle Books — my earlier posts were drawn from reviews I’d done for the Green Man Review). I’ve learned so much, met so many wonderful people, and enjoyed so many great books that I wouldn’t have discovered without this blogging community. It’s time to say thank you!
Below are cover snippets from five of the books I reviewed in 2015, in order according to when they appeared on the blog. Appropriately enough, all draw on older stories or other writings in some way, or involve authors and creators of literature. The following descriptions might help you identify them:
- 1. A mind-bending foray into the ancient world, playing on one of the most famous texts of all time.
- 2. A delicious mystery inspired by a collection of old recipes.
- 3. A very adult re-imagining of an immortal children’s story.
- 4. A lush, multi-layered historical novel about fairy tales and their tellers.
- 5. A romantic story of a great American author and the woman he loved.
Using the Rafflecopter form, enter to win a hardcover (US) or paperback (International) copy of your choice of one of these books. (For international entrants, only numbers 1-4 may be chosen, to be shipped through Book Depository). You can earn extra points by guessing the book titles; enter your guesses in the Rafflecopter form, but PLEASE don’t give them away in the comments!
I’d like to thank Kay of It’s a Book Life for the fun guessing game idea. And thanks to all of you for being here, whether it’s been for the whole two years or a shorter time. I’m so looking forward to another year of reading with you.
Congratulations to Kristia, who won the giveaway and also guessed all the titles correctly! In case you’re curious, here they are:
- The Just City by Jo Walton
- An Appetite for Violets by Martine Bailey
- Alias Hook by Lisa Jensen
- Bitter Greens by Kate Forsyth
- The House of Hawthorne by Erika Robuck
a Rafflecopter giveaway