My Book Strings alerted me to this challenge, instigated by Cathy of 746 Books. It’s very simple: make a list of 10 (or 20, if you’re feeling brave) books that you want to read between June 1 and September 4. There are no other rules or incentives, making it a very self-imposed challenge.
Like Cathy, I’m going to stick to physical books I have already on hand for this challenge. The first six are review copies, the next three are from my Classics Club/Back to the Classics challenge, and the last is a new book that I bought new in hardcover (a thing I rarely do) because I know I’ll love it.
- Seacrow Island by Astrid Lindgren
- The Hired Girl by Laura Amy Schlitz
- Sophie and the Sibyl by Patricia Dunker
- The Dead Duke, His Secret Wife, and the Missing Corpse by Piu Marie Eatwell
- The Wild Girl by Kate Forsyth
- The Mark of the Horse Lord by Rosemary Sutcliff
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
- Saplings by Noel Streatfeild
- Love by Elizabeth von Arnim
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik
I’m so looking forward to all of these! What’s on your summer reading list?
Check out Top Ten Tuesday for more summer reading lists this week.