Happy anniversary to Shiny New Books! The fifth issue is now live and it’s another wonderful exploration of the best new fiction, nonfiction, and reprints, along with other bookish features. I didn’t contribute any reviews in this issue but I’m working on some for the next one.
In the meantime, my TBR list is growing. Here are some of the reviews that caught my eye…
- Astonish Me by Maggie Shipstead, reviewed by Victoria
- Gretel and the Dark by Eliza Granville, reviewed by Hayley Anderton
- The Door that Led to Where by Sally Gardner, reviewed by Annabel
- A Curious Friendship by Anna Thomasson, reviewed by Simon
- Reasons to Stay Alive by Matt Haig, reviewed by Victoria
- Ross Poldark by Winston Graham, reviewed by Annabel
I’m also excited to see that there will be a new book club feature, with the first session scheduled to discuss The Bees by Laline Paull. I read and enjoyed this book not long ago, so I’m looking forward to a great discussion with other Shiny readers. Join us!